Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Breadmaking Day #2


It seems I just can't get enough bread making!  Maybe it was making the malasadas.  Maybe it was talking to a family friend who used to own a bakery.  Maybe it was finding my Bread Bible dusty and neglected.  I don't really know what it is that has sent me on bread making overload, but I'm glad it happened!  My latest creation:  Sacaduros.  They are little dinner rolls from some fancy restaurant the author of The Bread Bible went to and got the recipe for.


But I put on my own little twist.  Remember that Pancetta I used to make the shrimp?  Well, I happened to have some left over!  And after a little digging in the fridge, I cam across a very special gem:  fig spread!  Figs and Pancetta.  Pancetta and figs!  You couldn't go wrong!  I wrapped the doughy little rolls around a drop of fig spread every so lovingly.  Then I topped  my creation with a ribbon of Pancetta.  Put them in the oven for 20 minutes, and what comes out is a fun and fanciful treat!  Lets just say, after having The Cuh's over, I have only 5 plain rolls left, and only 1 fig roll left.  That's out of 2 dozen rolls!  And, I have been requested to make another 2 dozen today!  Maybe I should take that family friend's advice and open a bakery...


I have another great achievement to share!  Rudy made a delicious stir-fry for us yesterday for lunch!  It was really delicious!  It had all sorts of vegetables in it, with little shrimp popping up here and there.  All of this with some brown rice...  I was in heaven!  Needless to say, by the time I was able to get my camera out, I didn't have much to take a picture of.  It was all gone!  Maybe on top of running a bakery, I will become a food forensic scientist...

No comments:

Post a Comment